- Area weather this week will be in the high 80s all week after Monday's high of 90 degrees.
- If you need to fill up the tank for the work commute, check out the Shell station at 17660 Burbank Blvd. and the Mobil station at 5553 White Oak Ave. According to GasBuddy.com, it's got the cheapest gas in town at $3.87 per gallon. In Tarzana, find it for $3.75 at the Arco station at 6039 Reseda Blvd.
- Speaking of your commute, check area traffic before you hit the road: live traffic map.
- This week at the library there will be a children's story time at 4 p.m. Tuesday, an open Friends of the Encino-Tarzana Library board meeting at 1 p.m. Wednesday and a used book sale 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Friday and Saturday.
- Monday's Tarzana Neighborhood Council's Land Use Committee meeting has been cancelled.