A 13-month-old boy suffered second-degree burns in an Encino coffee house when he accidentally knocked over a cup of hot water, according to City News Service.
Paramedics responded to a 911 call received at about 4 p.m. Sunday from on Louise Avenue, the wire service reported.
"The boy reached out and accidentally knocked over a cup of hot water that his mother had bought for her tea,'' Fire Department spokesman Brian Humphrey told CNS. "The toddler suffered second-degree burns...to his right arm, right thigh and his chest.''
Humphrey said the boy was in the shop with his mother, father and 4-year-old sister, none of whom was injured. He said the boy was taken to County-USC Medical Center for treatment at the burn ward.
City News Service contributed to this report.