Authorities arrested a man Wednesday who allegedly assaulted a passenger on a Santa Clarita City bus at Valencia's transit center earlier this month. Bernhardt Darko, 28, was taken into custody about 9:30 a.m. in the Encino area, and was booked on suspicion of felony assault with a deadly weapon, according to the sheriff's department.
He was held on $30,000 bail. The victim -- a man in his late 60s -- suffered multiple injuries to his head and face in the attack, which occurred on Oct. 5 about 7:45 p.m., said Deputy Joshua Dubin of the sheriff's Santa Clarita Valley Station.
The two men apparently had exchanged words as they were getting onto the bus, Dubin said. ``There was some type of conversation between the two,'' the deputy said. ``The assault took place on the bus prior to the bus departing.''