Attention residents, business owners and commuters in the vicinity of the Sunset Boulevard Bridge and the I-405 Freeway. Starting on Tuesday, Aug. 28, 2012 and for four consecutive nights, full closures of Sunset Boulevard Bridge will be implemented to conduct overhead and underground conduit work, in preparation for the reopening of the northern side of the Sunset Bridge at the end of September.
Nightly full closures of Sunset Boulevard are anticipated to start on Tuesday, Aug. 28 through Thursday, Sept. 30 from 10 p.m. to 6 a.m. The closures occur on the Sunset Bridge between Barrington Avenue and Veteran Avenue.
What to expect:
- Local access to residents and businesses will be maintained at closure points; there will be no thru access on the Sunset Bridge.
- WB Sunset Bl traffic will be detoured to SB Veteran Av, to WB Wilshire Bl, to NB Barrington Av, back to Sunset Bl.
- EB Sunset Bl traffic will be detoured to SB Barrington Av, to EB Wilshire Bl, to NB Veteran Av, back to Sunset Bl.
- Church Ln will be closed from Sepulveda Bl to Kiel St from 10pm–6am; traffic will be detoured to Sepulveda Bl.
- Sunset Bl on-and-off ramps will be closed. Closures may start as early as 7pm and will be coordinated with Caltrans.
- The SB 405 Sunset off-ramp will remain partially open; freeway traffic will be detoured north to Sepulveda Bl.
- Pedestrians will be rerouted to an area outside the construction zone.
- Emergency access will be maintained.