Here's another holiday favorite! Don't forget to share your Thanksgiving recipes in the comments section below.
Sweet Potato Casserole
- 3 large eggs
- 5 pounds sweet potatoes - boiled, peeled and mashed
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2/3 cup butter - melted
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1 cup light brown sugar packed
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup pecans finely chopped
- 1/3 cup butter - cut in pieces
- 12 pecan halves for garnish
Heat oven to 350
Grease a shallow 2 1/2 quart baking dish.
Potato mixture: Beat eggs in a large bowl. Stir in potatoes until blended. Add remaining ingredients; mix well. Spread evenly in prepared baking dish.
Topping: Mix sugar, flour and nuts in a medium bowl. Work in butter with hands until well blended. Sprinkle evenly over potato mixture.
Bake 60 to 70 minutes until topping is browned and bubbling. Then garnish with pecan halves. This recipe yields about 12 servings.