The recent removal of most of the native vegetation in the South Wildlife Reserve in the Sepulveda Basin will be one of the topics considered by the Parks Committee of the Encino Neighborhood Council.
Here is the complete agenda:
NOTICE AND AGENDA
ENCINO NEIGHBORHOOD COUNCIL
PARKS COMMITTEE MEETING
Monday, January 7, 2013 @7:00pm
Balboa Sports Center
17015 Burbank Blvd. Room 1, Encino, CA
Motion, Discussion, and Vote may be taken on items: 1, 6b, 6c & 6d
Voting Members – ENC Members:
Debra George (Chair), Glenn Bailey, Steven DeVore
Voting Members – Stakeholders:
Diana Crews, Cynthia Weichelt, Elaine Glick, Herb Ruderman
1) Call to Order. Nomination and election of Vice-Chair and Secretary.
2) Review and file April 2011 Park Committee meeting minutes.
3) Reports from LA City Officials and Departments: Council Districts 5 and 6, Lake Balboa
Neighborhood Council, Recreation and Parks, LAPD, LAFD, other City departments.
4) Reports from Federal or State Government or Agencies.
5) Reports from Environmental and Park Groups: SFV Audubon, LA Native Plant Society, Friends
of the LA River, Friends of Los Encinos, Off Leash Dog Park, Valley Fliers, etc.
6) New Business:
a. Report on the status of California Traditional Music Society and the building at Encino
Park on Ventura Blvd.
b. Discussion of ACOE vegetation management south of Burbank. Report from SFV
Audubon Society. http://sepulvedabasinwildlife.org/pdf/SPL-2012-001-
c. Rim of the Valley – discussion of proposed letter to be sent to the National Park Service
in favor of Alternative C.
d. Proposed two-story 18,000 square foot multi-use facility to be built at the Tillman
Plant/Japanese Garden within the Sepulveda Basin.
2011_27_12.pdf (you must copy & paste the link into your browser)
7) Public Forum – comment on non-agenda items. Up to two minutes per speaker; no discussion.
8) Next committee meeting will be held on Monday, February 4th @ 7:00pm.
Adjournment by 9:30pm