Tuesday is Election Day in a wide part of the Valley. Are you prepared to vote? Here's your Patch guide to everything you need to know.
The special State Assembly District 45 primary election will fill the seat vacated by Bob Blumenfield who is now a Los Angeles councilman.
District 45 includes parts or all of Calabasas, Canoga Park, Chatsworth, Encino, Hidden Hills, North Hills, Northridge, Reseda, Sherman Oaks, Tarzana, West Hills, Winnetka and Woodland Hills.
The League of Women Voters has a briefing page here.
Polls are open from 7 a.m. to 8 p.m. Tuesday.
The candidates are:
- Elizabeth Badger, CEO/business owner
- Damian Carroll, council policy analyst
- Armineh Chelebian, accountant/political consultant
- Matt Dababneh, congressman's chief deputy
- Dennis DeYoung, businessman/financial consultant
- Jeff Ebenstein, councilmember's Valley director
- Andra Hoffman, California government teacher
- Chris Kolski, professional engineer/educator
- Eric Lewis, neighborhood council president
- Dan McCrory, businessman
- Susan Shelley, author/publisher
- Voters head to polls in Assembly District 45 race
- Political staffers battle it out in Assembly District 45 race
- San Fernando Valley’s 45th Assembly District race could tilt balance of power in Sacramento
- Dababneh, Shelley are the choices in Valley Assembly race: Editorial
- Assembly District 45 candidates face off in Woodland Hills
- Matt Dababneh and Susan Shelley for 45th Assembly District: Editorial endorsement
- Vote for me: Three candidates in 45th District Assembly race make video pitches
- Vote for me: Four candidates in 45th District Assembly race make video pitches
- California and San Fernando Valley Democrats split over endorsements for 45th Assembly seat
- Valley voters have lots of choices in Assembly election: Opinion
- Candidates for Assembly Seat Speak Out (Pages 6-7)